Wednesday, February 1, 2012


January 31st
Dad brought Mom to the scheduled colonoscopy.
They were done much sooner than expected because they
immediately found what they were looking for.
A 5-inch malignant tumor
35 cm from the start, partially obstructing.

This tumor is the primary cancer site so it is Colon Cancer.
It has caused the pain she had been feeling the last year
and the harsh prepping for the colonoscopy.
She was scheduled for surgery consultation on friday
to talk about removing the tumor.

Today doctors called in the morning saying
they did not want to wait until friday.
Mom and Dad immediately went in to consult with the surgeon
who did not think surgery was necessary but highly recommended
starting chemo ASAP to shrink the tumor.
We also found out today that she has Stage 4 Colon Cancer.

After considering and praying about our options,
we decided to cancel the oncologist
appointment that was scheduled for today.
We chose the
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
and our appointment with the oncologist is scheduled for Monday February 6th.
As soon as we spoke with someone from the SCCA
we felt we were in good hands and felt very good about going there.
Even though it puts off the oncology visit by a few days,
we still feel it was the right decision.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Dawna and family, For the first few years we lived here, I did not know you well. I would hear about what a neat gal Dawna wash, is, and about Eddie from his testimony shared on Fast Sundays,which was amazing. I wanted to get to really know Dawna, not to just say hello at church. Finally we were put on the same comity in Relief Society. I love, love, love you Dawna. You are one of Heavenly Fathers special daughters. I am always, always here for YOU for whatever. I Love You Kathy