Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Emergency Room Visits

Saturday January 28th....
Mom, Dad and I went to do a session at the LDS Seattle Temple.
[which was an incredibly sweet experience beyond words]
We got out about 3:00pm.
Towards the end of the session she had been feeling
chest pain going downward.
Her doctors office has doctors on call 24/7
on the way home from the temple we debated going by the office
or just calling in about it to see what to do.
After getting home, she wanted to be at Jason's (what she thought was) last basketball game.
After the game, the pain had intensified.
She was having a hard time taking deep breaths and
having a hard time walking without pain.
She called in to a doctor to explain what she was feeling.
He told us to go to the ER.
Her blood pressure was up to 182.
Her cheeks and chin suddenly became very flushed.
They prepped her for a CT scan and took an x-ray.
She was given pain meds, to which she was called a "light weight"
because of her immediate reaction to them.
She became more comfortable
and her blood pressure came down.
The results from the x-ray and CT scan
did not show the cause of her pain,
and showed she did not have the problems
the doctor were concerned it may be.
Because she was comfortable and they could not see anything wrong,
she was released.
We went and filled a pain med prescription and got home around 2:30am.

Sunday we slept in, laid low and hoped something bad would not happen again.
She said she hasn't had that good of asleep in a long time.
Easy on those drugs mom ;)
We also had a visit from some friends.

On January 30th...
Preparing for her colonoscopy did not go smoothly.
She suffered really intense pains.
She said "No one should ever have to feel that"
"It was the worst pain I'd ever had in my life"
She could not keep anything down and her system was not clearing.
We called the doctor twice
First time they said to discontinue some of the cleanse.
Second time they said
"We're canceling the colonoscopy, something's wrong,
take her to the emergency room"
Just before leaving things started to move.
Which was good news and meant there was nothing blocking.
By the time we got to the ER around 4:30pm she was feeling better.
Not much was done and she was released but understood the
importance of the colonoscopy and decided to reschedule it.

No comments:

Post a Comment