Monday, July 7, 2014

Change

I am so sorry for the lack of posts. I suppose I kept the hospice experience more intimate. The purpose of this post is to show the change my Mom has endured over the past few months, and to note a more substantial decline in the last few weeks.

Since our visit to my mom in April, my brother Corey made it out in May to see Mom. I love this first picture of them. It makes me want to jump inside and hug them both! This will be a treasure for Corey to have to look back on.

This weekend, baby Kurt and I returned home from a week long trip to see my Mom again. It is so fun to see her face light up when she see's Kurtis. Here are some photos from our trip.

I could probably list off all of the not so pretty things about how cancer is treating her, but I won't. Just know she is in a lot of pain and discomfort, and she is loved and taken care of. The hospice nurses that come are very sweet and helpful. My Mom has such dear friends who have stepped in a carried her through this significant trial in her life. The support, help and love extended to my family makes my heart swell. The countless meals, treats, flowers, cards and more, brought over strengthens the foundation of faith we stand on as we approach the end. Mom you are the sweetest and most selfless person I know. What an honor it has been to help and serve you, even if it was only a few days. I am so grateful for those who are still helping. We love you Mom!

3 comments:

  1. oh these pictures make my heart hurt for you guys! i hope you can enjoy all the time you can with your mom and i cant imagine going throught this. bless your hearts!! much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawna you are beautiful! I love how your bright smile can shine through even the hardest times. You are an incredible example to us all. I will forever be thankful for your amazing influence and love in my life. Valerie, thank you for posting. Your mom could not be more proud of the woman and mother that you are. You have incredible faith and courage. I love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breaks my heart. I love you and your quick smile no matter what! Dawna, you are an amazing woman and you definitely have let your light shine before men/women and glorified your Father which is in Heaven. (Matthew 5:16)
    I love you! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete