Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving

My last blood draw showed my numbers at 296 which is again, a very gentle increase. I am grateful for that and for the fact that I still feel good.

I feel this would be an especially appropriate time to give thanks for all my blessings. Though I cannot begin to number them, I would like to express my gratitude for some of them.

I am grateful to have had the opportunity to spend this past Thanksgiving with most of my family. Most everyone was there and those that weren't were missed.

I am grateful for my siblings who have expressed their love for me through words and actions and who I know I can count on for anything. I am grateful for their spouses and all of my nieces and nephews who I wish I knew better.

I am grateful for the efforts of those who are mending fences. I am grateful for forgiveness and repentance and the opportunity we have to let go of the past and be free to feel joy and begin anew.

I am grateful for a caring husband and that I don't have to do this alone. I am grateful for wonderful children who I am proud of and who fill me with joy.

I am deeply grateful to be surrounded by friends who I know I can count on and who continually lift me and support me, challenge me, and comfort me.

I am grateful for far away friends and their love and support and the memories we share.

I am grateful for the challenges I've faced which have caused me to learn and to grow. They truly have been a gift.

I am grateful for my house and the fulfillment I receive in making it a home. I am grateful for my husband's job and for his support which has allowed me to stay at home to raise our children.

I am grateful for doctors and nurses and research which allows me to feel so good under these circumstances and which allow me the time to plan and to prepare.

I am grateful for my knowledge of where I have come from and why I am here and where I am going after this life.

Although I still feel fear at times, I am grateful to be able to feel peace in a world that is falling apart.
I am grateful to know that a loving Heavenly Father watches over us and wants to bless us.

I rejoice in my blessings and want nothing more than to please my Father in heaven who has blessed me so abundantly.





3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post Dawna! So much to be grateful for and what a wonderful perspective. I am grateful for YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for your influence on your daughter!
    I am grateful for you!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post- you have incredible perspective and optimism. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete